By now I think everybody knows... it's so surreal! I almost can't believe it. One day you're the same, and the next minute you have a life growing inside of you. It's such a miracle- Jeremy and I are so blessed.
So today is officaly Day 1 of Week 8. The doctor's office says 10 weeks, but that's because they count what's called a "gestational age" where they count from the day I missed my first period, not from the time conception actually occured. Most people can't pin-point that exactly. But I'm pretty sure I know. :0) Anyway, when I was 6 weeks pregnant, Jeremy and I were able to see the first ultra-sound of our baby. The little heart was still too small to hear, but we were definitely able to see it beating very fast! That sure did make it more real, especially for Jeremy. Since he's not feeling any changes, it's harder take in. Even for me, I'm feeling some changes... not huge, thank God, but some tenderness in certain places, heartburn if I over-eat or eat something too greasy, a little light-headedness from time to time, tiredness.. but since I don't see a pregnant belly yet, or feel the baby moving, it's still hard to believe! I mean, I do believe it.. but.. you know what I mean. :0)
Anyway, we're in the process of discussing names we both like. That's a hard subject... some names I like, Jeremy hates, and names he likes, I dislike. But we still have time. We're looking forward to our next appointment at the end of this month. By then the baby will almost be 10 weeks! Maybe we'll get to see him or her again on a sonogram... I hope so!
1.16.14
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment