.... Amazes me! I've been so in awe of God and his wonders. To think that the God of the universe cares about me?! It is sometimes too much to take in. How truly deep and high and long and wide is the love of Christ! Can nothing really separate us from it? Correct! Nothing can, and no matter how terrible we've been, or how "good" we think we are, we can never be bad enough to make God love us less, and never so "good" that we could deserve his unconditional love. He just does!
I've been witness to the power of prayer. And more-over, answered prayer. One example is that I've prayed for a job. Preferably one that would still allow me to facilitate a Believing God, Beth Moore bible study on Thursday mornings. And it just so happens that the first interview I got after a good month or so of applying is the job that I was offered and does not need me on Thursdays! Isn't that amazing. He's not only into the big things, but the little details as well!
I love that He isn't this far away God, not really interested in our daily lives and regular (even dull perhaps?) routine. Not some far off distant God of the universe who expects us to live up to this perfect standard of doing good to everyone around us, or else punishing us for it. Imagine living with that kind of weight on your shoulders!? Where no forgiveness existed. With the sad existence of living with your mistakes and errors for the rest of your life and one day at the end of your life hoping you end up in a good place. Not really knowing where life will take you, but hoping the good outweighs the bad.
The Bible tells us that God loved the world so much, that even while we were still sinners (or enemies of God who kept rejecting and pushing Him away) He came to this earth in human flesh to live among us (a perfect life) and then die as an offering for our own faults. You see the only way you can earn your way to heaven is to truly be perfect. Having never sinned. The only One who ever lived that life was Jesus, and he died the death of the worst of criminals, so that we wouldn't have to. The best part is that he's not dead- you won't find his body in a graveyard, converted into some shrine. No, he's alive. He rose again on the 3rd day and took his rightful seat at the right hand of God the Father.
He not only did that and then said "Ok, now you're on your own". But he truly wants a relationship with us. That of a best-friend, father-kid thing. And He is faithful. He is soooo faitful. Perhaps in several weeks I'll have the chance to tell you my next answered prayer.
P.S. If what I said sounds completely crazy to you, ask me about it. :)
1.16.14
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment