Well, I've officially began the 2nd trimester of my pregnancy! It's so difficult to believe, but I'm so excited! So what's it like? Well, I think my pregnancy is very different from most women, in that I'm not necessarily rejoicing from relief of 3 months of morning sickness. I actually consider myself very blessed for not experiencing one day of throwing up. But the 2nd Trimester is different for me. Here's why...
Now that the 3rd month of pregnancy is ending, things are definitely becoming more obvious- at least for me. Most clothes don't feel comfortable anymore, either they don't fit right, or are tighter in areas I don't want to show off yet. I'm still a little shy about my belly. I think that until it becomes very obvious that I'm pregnant, I don't want to wear shirts that hug my belly and confuse people who don't know I'm pregnant into thinking "has she gained weight, or is she pregnant?" haha...
I'm also having some stretching in that area, since the uterus and belly area are growing, which causes a little pain and tingling-tickling sensations. It's not terrible, but I notice it all the time, which distracts me. I also notice some forgetfulness and a bit of clumsiness! It's so funny to drop pens and not remember normal words to describe a situation or feeling! When my sisters-in-law and mom-friends told me that they "felt dumb" during pregnancy I didn't understand.. now I do.. :)
Of course all of the good out-weighs the bad. I'm just enjoying all the experiences and trying to take it all in. Today was our first 2nd Trimester appointment, and Jeremy finally got to hear the heart-beat! We were also told that we may be able to get our ultrasound where we find out the sex of the baby by the end of the month. Jeremy is leaving for officer training school and didn't want me to find out without him... so this will work out great!
1.16.14
12 years ago

1 comment:
I'm so excited for you, Pamela! And, what a blessing that you two will be able to have that ultrasound before Jeremy leaves for OTS! :) I'm glad that you're "taking it all in" - enjoy! The good, the bad, and the ugly of the pregnancy...it's all a part of what makes this baby unique! Can't wait to meet Baby Bigham!
PS. We need some preggo pictures of you soon! ;)
Post a Comment