Wednesday, September 9, 2009

3rd Trimester

I can't believe that I have been so lazy, and not written since May! I guess so much has happened since that time, that I didn't feel I could write it all down. So many changes in my own body have taken place. I've felt so much more introspective during this time... just amazed at how much my body has changed, one day at a time. How much the baby has grown, and reading about what is new and what is developing (all those cool weekly e-mails from babycenter.com).

So I am 33 weeks pregnant! Can you believe it? I can't. Friday will be my 34th week, and I'm just blown away at how fast time is seeming to fly now. Jeremy and I are taking Bradley Child-birthing classes, and we are loving feeling more prepared and learning every week a little bit more of what to expect and how to prepare for natural childbirth. We've already done our hospital tour at Sarasota Memorial- and today I actually have a breast-feeding class at the Department of Health- free! I am certainly trying to take advantage of as much as possible to help me prepare for this little baby. Oh, and did I mention he's a BOY?!
We're so thrilled.

Jeremy has diligently prepared the crib by sanding it and painting it with a nice antique white color. It was my old crib, and it is very special that we are using it for our first baby. My first baby shower is going to be this coming Saturday. My mom is hosting it in Cape Coral for some family and close friends. I'm so excited! A while back it seemed like it would be such a long time away- and now it's this weekend! Another shower is being planned for me here in the local area by some friends from my church, and it seems like it will be lovely! I am so thankful for all the people that have come along side of me to encourage me and give me advice, and just celebrate this new era in our lives. We have been so amazingly blessed with everything for this pregnancy from maternity clothes to a baby bassinet, a dresser/changing table,a glider, stroller, crib, boppy pilow, clothes for the baby, both new and used; and we've been offered so much more and are awaiting it anxiously!

I'll post some pictures (another blessing) taken by an amateur photographer trying to set up her portfolio who took these for free! Isn't God amazing?
I will try to not take so long on the next post. Love you all.





















No comments: