Tuesday, January 26, 2010

3 Months of Mothering


I can't believe as I write this that I've already had our son, Lucas Daniel, and that I've been blessed to be a mother for over three months now! What a journey it's been. Ironically life begins with the pains of labor and it marks a new era. Unbelievable as it may seem, your life before children seems so far away and almost hard to remember there was ever a time you didn't. At least for me it's been this way. But what a joy. Today as I looked at some photographs of when Lucas was first born, I can't believe how much he's grown. He was born weighing 7 lbs 14oz. and 21.5 inches long. Now he weighs 15.5 lbs amd os 25.5 inches long! Not only that, but he looks more full and strong, he smiles, coos, laughs, and babbles. He can lift his head up and he is trying to roll over-- and gets so frustrated when he can't quite make it. I can see his personality develop, and it's amazing to think that a creature so small and young already has his own individual personality and character. I am utterly amazed at how much I can love someone so small. I remember wondering how I would love someone I barely knew, if I'd love him enough.. It's so wonderful seeing how God equips you with what you need when you need it. Now I look at him and can't picture my life without him. And the greatest feeling in the world is holding him against my chest and nuzzling up my head with his head as he falls asleep. And being able to calm him down, knowing that he feels secure with me and that he trusts me. It's such a huge responsibility, but wow- what an amazing blessing!

So these are some of my thoughts of motherhood. For now I continue to just be in awe over the miracle I've been blessed with. And so thankful. I hope to write more soon.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm finally blogging again! Come check out my site:

http://stephanieross.wordpress.com/

Love all the photos!