I went to the doctor today for my check-up at 36 weeks! I am still in shock that I have gotten this far in my pregnancy. 36 weeks--already?? Well he checked me for Strep B (a routine test done at 36 weeks) and for dilation.. and guess what? I am already 1 1/2 centimeters dilated! He actually said that as far as he's able to tell and observe, he thinks I can have the baby any time from one-three weeks! He doesn't even think I'll make it to my due date (which is in 4 weeks!).
Of course Jeremy and I are shocked. On the one hand that is excellent news because that means I wouldn't be late and not need to be induced. But on the other hand, it's so early! There's so much we feel we still need to do (install the carseat, finish up the last bit of the baby's room, pack our bags!). So I am praying that if I am early, as the doctor thinks, that it will be more in the 3-week range, and not next week.. phew..
Wow, what an amazing journey... It's unbelievable to me that we are going to have a little baby here with us so soon! And tomorrow is my baby shower that a few of my friends from this area are so graciously throwing for me. I am overwhelmed with everyone's generosity and desire to celebrate this joy with us! I'm so excited! Hopefully I'll get a few more blogs in before the baby is born!
1.16.14
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment