Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy at 27

I was able to reflect on my life today. Today was my 27th birthday, and I have to say it was the best one yet. At 27 I look at my life and the blessings God has given me. I have a wonderful husband, who loves me despite all my flaws and the times I act unloveable. I have an amazing son, whom I fall more in love with everyday--something I didn't even imagine possible. I have parents who spoiled me with love (if that's possible) and always saved the best of what they had for me. A sister, who I love, and is sweet and giving. A family that is close and united and loves passionately... and I've experienced true friendship, which is greater than gold.

I think about the experiences I've had, and shared with my husband. The places I've been to (the best ones have been the ones Jeremy and I have shared). And all the valuable lessons being married (young) has taught me... about life, about myself, and about relationships. I've been able to live in a different country, travel to many, and learn and experience different cultures and people. I've experienced the happiness of newly-wed bliss, first Christmas's, and home-comings and the bitterness and difficulties of war. And I've seen the Hand of God all through-out these times. This blessing of course, being the most prized- knowing my Maker and knowing He knows me, and the promise of Salvation since the day I believed in Him with my whole heart.

I look back and look around me and I feel supremely happy, and am joyful beyond measure. I feel that at 27 I have a wonderful life- it may not be what most consider successful- career-wise I haven't yet become a chef, or have a title to back up my name, I don't live in a big house, or have a plasma screen t.v, and one day maybe these things will come- but they'll just be crumbs to the cake. The most important things, the things I most value are those I've already mentioned, and I praise God for giving me the life to live it. What a happy birthday!


No comments: