Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Pleseant Visit

Today was one of the nicest Saturdays I've had in a long time. First of all I started it out by going out for coffee with a new friend. It was really nice to get to know her more and talk, and it's especially nice starting your day like that! And the second thing is that my friend April came from Fort Myers to visit today! I was so excited when she told me yesterday on the phone, so I starting planning our lunch and this is what I came up with- something "girl-worthy" (haha, that's not a word). Something guys wouldn't appreciate that much, but none-the-less here it is: Roasted pepper and goat cheese sandwich on ciabatta bread accompanied with a tomato-basil soup and for dessert- Summer fruit crostata.

It was so nice to have April over, she is such a sweet and caring person and genuine, but she's also funny and witty. She's an amazing mother and has a wonderful family! I feel blessed to have her as a friend; it's amazing how even though we haven't known each other that long it feels like we have. And I was thrilled that she'd drive an hour to see me! Anyway we had a nice lunch, we talked and laughed, and then I gave her a mini tour of our area which included St. Armands Circle where we window shopped and had some ice-cream.







I'm sad that it's over, but I'm looking forward to more visits... by her and also by those of you who have promised to come... you know who you are... :) Anyway, I was asked to share the sandwich recipe, so here's the link. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-pepper-and-goat-cheese-sandwiches-recipe/index.html

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, Pamela - that food looks delicious! I'm so jealous that your friend got to taste it all, and I didn't... I'm going to have to come visit you sometime, so I can satisfy my tastebuds...*grins* I'm glad you got to have such a "pleasant" day with your girlfriend! It's nice to have those every once in a while, huh? Well, just wanted to let you know I was thinking about ya! Hope you have a nice evening! I'm off to bed...*smiles*