Monday, August 11, 2008

Election Day Approaching

With election day approaching I have to think about politics as much as I hate them. It's our future; and its scary since, in my personal opinion, neither candidate is optimal. I have to look at both objectively even though I'm a registered republican. I believe we vote for the right candidate, not just the right party. But there are a lot of things that have come to my attention about one particular candidate, and I think it's important to be aware. Whether you plan to vote for him or not, be aware of who you are voting for. Did you know that in a time of "crisis" the president of the United States can take complete and total power (like a dictatorship) and go above Congress and all advisors? Did you know that a time of "crisis" can be defined as an economic crisis as well? We need to make sure that we are confident of the person we elect, because we may be handing all power over to them.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036
(please watch this short video)

Just a personal comment here: How much can we trust a man who isn't willing to wear the traditional american flag lapel (as all candidates have always worn to show pride in their country) or even willing to place his hand over his heart out of respect and love for his country? Is this not the least a presidential candidate can do? If it comes down to this, I can at least know that one of those men was and is willing to give his life for his country, fought bravely, and is a true war hero. At least we have proof of his dedication.

I welcome all comments! What do you think? Sound off!

No comments: