Is our God- the God of the universe, of everything created, of humanity- also the God of technology? Yes! I am witness to this since my computer has not been working since Wednesday evening and He (using me as a mere instrument) fixed it today! I'll tell you the story so you can learn from my mistake... Wednesday evening I put my computer into "hibernate" mode thinking, "I never do this, and I should since this may help save on our electric bill." You know, instead of keeping it on all the time or turning it completely off and then having to power it up every time. Bad idea. Later I learn from both my computer whiz cousin and every Geek in Circuit City and Best Buy that this is the worst thing to do
ever to your computer. So why in the world is it even an option!? Anyway, I went on a wild goose chase, first of all trying to figure out the problem along with my so-gracious cousin who coached me over the phone as we trouble-shot it. My monitor would not get any signal from my p.c. It would turn on, but that was it. So we went through everything: hardware reconnects, resetting, rebooting, even trying another monitor to make sure this one wasn't bad. Well nothing. So I thought "Graphics card" and my cousin agreed. So I searched and can you believe they don't sell any for less than $100 at Best Buy or Circuit City. To top it off I would've had to wait 10-19 days for it to come by mail, because the cheaper ones were only online. Now can you imagine waiting that long without a computer. I know it seems sad right? But it is almost completely necessary, especially if you are like me and have no cable television- so it's our only means beside the telephone of communication with the world. So one geek (in no way do i consider this a derogatory term as they are geniuses) suggested I try resetting the battery on the motherboard. So I tried today! No success the first time, but then I prayed and I told God, "This is the last time I'll try before giving up, then I'll buy the graphics card," And lo and behold- The image finally appeared! How cool is that? God is God over everything including my little computer.
No comments:
Post a Comment