Friday, September 12, 2008

Garlic and Sapphires


I just finished reading Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl, the food editor of Gourmet magazine. She writes about her experiences as the new food critic of the New York Times and her need to dress in disguise in order to write an unbiased review of each restaurant. It's so good! I have to tell you- I truly have not finished a whole book in at least 7 years (at least not fictional or a novel). I've started them but never finished. So I hope this is a new beginning to enjoying reading again.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has a passion for food. This lady writes very well; it is enjoyable to read her work- she is never pretentious or snobby. She's just passionate! Here's a clip of her CBS interview after she wrote this book.

No comments: