2 weeks ago:
I went to Fort Myers for a long weekend to hang out with my sister Vanesa. My parents went out of town to Puerto Rico, and I got to spend time with my younger sis. My cousin Camila and her husband Jon also were in town from Spain, so I organized a kayaking trip down the Estero river. Well the kayak plan didn't work because it had rained so hard the docks were flooded, but the Koreshan Park across the street rented us some canoes. The current was strong that day and we were exhausted by the time we left and the next day our arms were hurting...
The next day I was able to go to my old church and visit with our sunday school class! I got to enjoy a great study on Hebrews and sit with friends. Then my friend Whitney and I went to eat at the French Roast Cafe, and it was just nice to talk and catch up. She's pregnant and I'm so excited for her! Later that evening my sister and I got to spend time with our paternal grandparents, we watched a great movie called The Perfect Stranger- it's so good.. we had a good cry and then went to Ruby Tuesdays and ate while watching the end of the Olympics.
Monday Jeremy took his second medical school test and he got an 86%! Half of his class failed, including 2 of his friends, so it wasn't easy. I'm so proud of him!
This weekend:
Saturday we went to watch the Tampa Bay Rays. It was our first baseball game together, and it was great! It was neck to neck the entire time and there were all kind of home-runs. At the very end the Rays and the Oreoles were tied and the Rays were able to get a home-run in to win the game. It was so much fun, and apparently (according to all who were there) one of the best games ever. 
Sunday Jeremy's parents came for a visit and we watched Last Holiday with Queen Latifah- what a good movie; it has a great story-line and it's very well-put-together. Then I hitched a ride back to Fort Myers with them so I could see my three cousins and on of their husbands (Jeremy stayed back to study). It was so nice to see my family. My cousin Maria Victoria recently battled a tumor in her head and has undergone radiation and even chemo. Her hair has grown in differently but she looks great and her overall attitude seems to have changed for the better. I'm really proud of her. She just came down from Germany where she attends school to take a break, and then fly to Ecuador to be with her family. My cousin Sophia came down as well as my cousin Gaby and her husband who I just met that day. She's pregnant and expecting a baby girl!
So our family all ate together (of course) and the next day the youth (me and my cousins and sister) went to Sanibel Island to show them around. And when we got back we ate again. My parents made Mondongo, a dish they learned to make in Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico made of mashed plaintains mixed with a fried mixture of onions and bacon and garlic, and then all of it is made into a ball and fried. Oh my goodness.. it was so good! Then I hitched a ride back with my mom's good friend who lives in Tampa.. it was so cool to not have to drive for once!

No comments:
Post a Comment