Remember when I wrote that my computer wasn't working very well, and I thought it was the graphics card? Well, after a long process of trying to figure this out, get the graphics card in the mail, send it back, and troubleshooting along with my cousin Joey- we finally figured out (he did) that it was the motherboard. This was quite disturbing considering the motherboard is the most important part of a computer. But to my contentment there was actually an upgraded version of mine for under $70!
So I had to put this together. I took pictures of my original motherboard and how everything was connected and then attempted to take out the motherboard and replace it with the new one. I did have a few questions and I called my cousin, and the one question on the headers (little tiny wires with attachments for the front panel and sound) that he couldn't answer, I called the BioStar tech support. The good news: My computer is finally working!!!
Thank you to Joey and Paco, the BioStar tech support guy!
1.16.14
12 years ago

1 comment:
Glad to hear your computer's up and running again! You're becoming quite the "techie" yourself, Pamela, working on that motherboard and everything!
So, how are things going? What's new? And, how's Jeremy doing with school?
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment