Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Cat, the Hero


The other day Jeremy got up early in the morning and found our little Noelle standing proudly near her litter box--with a snake beside her-cut in half! Yes, the head was on one side and the body on the other! Apparently a small (about a foot and 1/2) snake had been in our house! I just can't fathom it- it is so scary... Jeremy said that it looked like a garden snake, although it could've also been a baby rattle snake. Apparently they both look alike. I am really scared of snakes, and just the thought that my little kitty hunted and killed it.. well it makes me love her even more!

She actually cut the snake in half! I mean come on...! She's not just a mice-catcher.. she's a snake hunter! I went out and bought her some catnip and a toy!

What an amazing blessing this cat has been to us! I know some people don't think of cats as personable as dogs.. but I must disagree. I didn't know how much of a "pet" she would be to us, but now that we have her I can't imagine not having her! My little hunteress... I am so proud and thankful God has brought her into our lives.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha, that's awesome. It makes me miss my cat now...