Today I had the most wonderful day with an amazing couple, Mark and Macy. They both had to go to the Florida Baptist Convention and since it's North of here, they invited me along, and they called it a "field trip". I think that's such a cool way to describe it. I got to see what people do at a convention like this, and got to watch my old pastor, Dr. Richard Powell of McGregor Baptist, be nominated for president of the FBC. We were sad to see him not get the position, but there is probably a good reason for it. :) Then I got to hear Kayla Powell sing beautifully. Later, Mark took us to a really great Italian restaurant for lunch and we all had the homemade manicotti, which were excellent! It was a great time filled with great conversation, genuine and loving friends, and a lot of laughing! What more could you ask for? Needless to say my field trip was the best ever!
1.16.14
12 years ago

1 comment:
Hey there, you!
Sounds like you had fun on your "field trip!" How's it going with all the women's ministry stuff? I've been thinking about you lately, wondering what you're up to, how you've been... Hope things are well! I'll give you a call sometime soon!
Love you!
Post a Comment