Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I love this weather!

It's been consistently cool since Saturday evening, and I've been enjoying every minute of it. Sunday afternoon Jeremy and I took advantage of the gorgeous walking weather and went for a walk around Downtown Sarasota. It was really nice not sweating and having to run in and out of stores to "catch a break" from the humidity and worry about my hair getting frizzy.. haha. We actually discovered a little restaurant called Cafe Epicurean with great Italian food, very authentic AND (big plus) a connecting bakery next door with great pastries and gelato. I mean, the good kind. It was so fun to explore a part of town with Jeremy. We haven't really gotten to do that since before he began medical school.

Some plus's about the cool weather:
A break from the heat
A more noticeable change in the seasons
A chance to wear sweaters, jackets, and tall boots!
No humidity to ruin hairstyle (haha)
A chance to cook more seasonally..more hearty soups.. breads.. and baked goods
And the best... leaving windows open and shutting off the air-conditioning, saving $$ on electricity!

No comments: