
It's a beautiful day today. The sky is so blue and the sun is shining. It's probably around 80 degrees outside, which makes me think of my friend Jacob, who lives in Oregan, suffering through 50 degree weather. This week the weather has been great, it's been cool and breezy yet sunny. So yesterday a group of girls from my sunday school class and I went to the beach. I had been to this beach several times, but she knew a great spot that I had never been to. It was like a rounded little island and it was so nice because there weren't many people there. The water was really cool, which was great because even though it took much effort to get in, I loved that it wasn't that warm-bath-water-typical-florida water (at least in the gulf.) So I was the only adult to get in with all the kids who were splashing around. I love how the beach is almost like a therapy for me. There's nothing like spending the day at the beach, then going home and having a relaxing evening.
Jeremy's parents had us over and they cooked up a wonderful meal topped off with apple cobbler! We had a really nice time catching up with them. It made me think of how nice it is to spend time with family (and friends we've made here) and how sad it's going to be to not be this close to them anymore. It's a bittersweet feeling.

2 comments:
Hey, Pamelita!
I'm so excited that you've started blogging! It'll be really cool to check back here often and see what you've posted about what's going on in your life... I'll be adding you to my "Blog Roll" shortly!
It was really great to talk to you on the phone and do a little catching up... We miss you guys tons! We'll definitely be praying for ya'll... I know that God's got wonderful plans for you - just hang in there and trust His timing...*smiles* It'll be neat to look back in a few months and see how God provided and worked everything out! I love you, girly!
Haha, suffering through 50 degree weather am I? :)
You know, it snowed yesterday morning, followed by rain, followed by hail, and random breaks in the clouds that let the sun poke it's head briefly. Gotta love the Northwest!
Post a Comment