Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My First Blog!

This is the first time I've started a blog. I'm excited! I see all these different friends and just random people with such cool blogs, that I feel a bit overwhelmed starting my own blog. But I realized how much I look forward to my friends blogs and reading what's new in their lives . . . so I thought I'd create one in case anyone is interested in what is new in mine.

Of course Jeremy will be in my blog often, so it won't just be about me. We are getting ready for a transition period in our lives- actually we've been in a transition period ever since I separated from the Air Force last summer. Jeremy took the MCATs in Frankfurt just before we left and has been accepted into a medical school in Florida. He's also applied for the USAF scholarship, where he'd be paid to go to medical school and when he's finished he'd have to owe them back the time he's used for school. So if he gets it (hopefully we'll hear any day now) he'll have to go to Officer Training School in June. Then med school would start late July. Amazing, huh?! So much is happening so fast. Because of this and all the busyness the next couple of years will hold for us, we are planning to go to Ecuador soon if everything works out and he gets the scholarship. This may be our last chance to go there before everything gets so busy, and then kids. :) No, not yet- but within a few years I think.

So, we're just holding on to our promise in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." We know that the best way is His way. So we're not worried. I hope to update you the best I can. Till next time!

No comments: