Saturday, April 19, 2008

Triple Chocolate Brownies


Today I was supposed to get up early to make a flour less chocolate cake for a Passover Sedar meal at my cousins' house. Yesterday I went shopping for all the ingredients, and this morning I was ready to make them when. . . no spring form pan. I did have one- apparently between the move from Germany to here it got lost. How disappointing! So it left me asking myself what I could possibly make with the ingredients I had that didn't require this special pan. And then the lightbulb came on-- what can one do with a lot of chocolate, a little flour, butter, and eggs?
The answer: the well-received brownie. But not just any brownie. A triple chocolate brownie! I've made this recipe before and it is definitely excellent. Super chocolaty, dense, fudgy, rich, and delicious; a must for chocolate lovers. I wanted to include the recipe in case any of you want to try it out. I usually increase the baking time 10-20 min. longer, because the recipe is very gooey if only left in 25 min. It's up to you. I also added a little Kahlua for added flavor.
Oh, and remember that the quality of your brownies depends hugely on the quality of chocolate you use. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

These sound SO delicious! Thanks for including the recipe link...I might have to try making those for Scott (the "brownie-lover") sometime...*smiles*