Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Arrived in Quito!

Hola! We arrived on Monday morning to the Mariscal Sucre airport in Quito, Ecuador. Some of our family members made it to pick us up, and the others came over later in the evening to say hello and have coffee and empanadas de verde with us. So far we are adjusting to the altitude and taking it easy, but we've still managed to explore a little.
Yesterday we went to downtown Quito- a historical and UNESCO city. We were able to see some historical plazas and beautiful churches, as well as the Museam of the City. It was so interesting to see how the indeginous lived before and after the conquering of the Spanish.


Today we're hanging out with my cousin Gus and his wife Charmai and their 3 girls. We are having so much fun just eating and catching up with them. They are missionaries in Ecuador and work in a school with children from the area. We're about to go to my cousin Paty's house to celebrate her birthday with her.


More updates to come! Till next time.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awesome! I'm so glad ya'll made it there safe and sound... And, it looks like you guys are off to a great start with all the traveling, sight-seeing, and family-visiting! I'm so excited that you're blogging about your trip while on your trip! Now, I'll definitely be looking forward to all the updates and photos so I can see what cool things ya'll have been up to!