Friday, May 16, 2008

Getting Ready. . .

Some of you may not know that Jeremy and I are taking a vacation to Ecuador. We're leaving on Monday and we're so excited! We'll actually be there for a month, so hopefully we'll have plenty of time to visit with family and explore like crazy. We're hoping to get a trip to the jungle in, to the coast, and to the country-side called Vilcabamba, and we'll be based out of Quito, the capital city. The 2nd highest capital in the world, I might add. We are preparing for that altitude. This is so exciting, especially the Jeremy is finally getting to see what I've been talking about all these years! He's stoked of course. Both of us are currently wrapping up our jobs and getting ready for our trip. When we get back we won't have too long before we start our moving to Bradenton. I should add that, thankfully, we've already found a place that we like, and we're currently applying there. If our "background" check is successful we'll be moving in July. :)

Of course the least fun part of traveling is the packing... haha.. I shouldn't complain, but I wonder if anyone out there dreads packing as much as I do. At first I thought "I won't take too much, because I can wash everything" but later I thought "Well, Ecuador's weather varies so much- I should probably take several sweaters and coats.." And now I'm debating on which coats, because of course I won't get to wear any of those coats and jackets here! This is my last chance to wear my red leather jacket in a long time...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You guys have a safe and fun trip! We'll be thinking about you! And, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! We love you!...*smiles*