Saturday, May 3, 2008

Not the news we expected

Well, we finally heard back from the Air Force, and after being two weeks late we've been told Jeremy is on the "alternate list" (or wait list) for the AF scholarship. So what does this mean?

Well, it means that he still could receive it if congress opens up more slots for the scholarship, or if the other services (army or navy) let go of their unused slots and pass them over to the AF. But we may not know for several months, which means we need to look at alternate options of funding medical school.

What's really cool is that Jeremy called his school after this happened, and they told him he's been "awarded" a loan for the full tuition of his school. Of course it's not free money, but it's amazing how God works. As soon as he got a "possible" rejection, there's already a window opening somewhere else.

So we're happy because at least now we know where we stand. We can start to make plans off of the loan's budget as opposed to the air force's, and if he later gets word that he does receive the AF scholarship, well it'll just be extra crumbs on the cake. What we know is that God's plan is the best one, and even if we might think that our way was good- God's is always better. And all we want is for God to lead us down the path He has for us to go. If the AF is not the place He wants us, then I ask Him to close all the doors.

What's funny is that I expected to be disappointed and upset, but I reacted in the strangest way to myself. I was grateful and thankful that the Lord is showing us His will. After many years of trying it "my way", I've learned that my way usually is fun for a little while, until life shows me that I made a mistake- that's when I realized that it's better to just start out His way, and later I'll have no regrets.

So God, no matter which way you'll lead us, no matter if we achieve our dreams- or if you have other plans for us. No matter what this life may hand us, may we always praise you in all our circumstances.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awww...Pamela, I'm sorry to hear that it didn't turn out like ya'll expected... But, I'm grateful that you guys have Jesus in your lives and trust Him and know that He has something better for ya'll! I'm also grateful for the peace He gave you after finding out the news...*smiles* What an amazing God we serve, huh?! Well, it may not be easy, but you two will have lots to look forward to in the next few months as God reveals what He has in store for this whole transition... Keep us posted! :)