Today was Jeremy's first day of medical school! I am so proud of him! It felt like just recently I was asking him, "So how many classes left until you can apply?" It really has been a long journey... just yesterday talking with our friend Stephanie, she told me how she always remembers how anywhere we went (Swiss Alps, Brussels,
anywhere) he always carried his backpack filled with books everywhere, and studied too! He's put a lot of hard work in, and he's finally getting to start his next long journey of studying medicine. But it will be different this time- here at least he's studying what he loves- and yes, it will be difficult and long hours and years... but I'm so happy that he's doing what he loves
and what we know God is calling him to do.
I'm trying to get used to the idea of seeing him less. I mean, I know I'll still see him, but I know he's going to be very busy studying, learning, studying, and -- did I mention studying? Yes, the school psychologist already briefed us (haha) that I may feel like I don't have a husband or that he loves books more than me. But I know that's not true! So I am praying that the Lord will let me be a supportive wife and very patient and understanding. And now that I won't be spending as much time talking with Jeremy, I guess I'll be calling
YOU all to talk more often! Aren't you happy??!! (laughing...)
A picture of us on our last date (Anna Maria Island) before busy medical school.
No comments:
Post a Comment